Translate

Friday, October 29, 2010

Overcoming Obstacles

1 John 4:4  You, dear children, are from God and have OVERCOME them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Sometimes we can get so discouraged in our daily life. Things like finances, relationships, just life in general can be so trying sometimes. And it can make you feel like your not overcoming, but failing.

I want so bad to live a life pleasing to Him. It's not for people But I also do want people to look at my life and see Him in the things we do. I want to be a witness. That's why it's so frustrating when I do thing to glorify him, and hope that these things will be a witness to others..and then instead people see these things in a completely different light. Like adoption for example. I want to do it to reach out to a child who needs a family, and love. To show some child Jesus. To obey his word. No child should be without someone. I want to do it because I know God is putting this calling on our life (even though it seems to be taking awhile, I know He has perfect timing). Yet when I talk about it people don't see it as good but make comments like "Why?"
"That's a lot of money! Just have your own!" Or think that we are doing it to try and be cool!
And if you mention that you may do it internationally that stirs up even more trouble!
They don't see it as a family wanting to do something for God. Instead they see it as wasting money, or taking on too much. It's frustrating!!
Same thing with homeschooling.
Our landlord was over not long ago and with me right there he asked my husband..
"How much longer until these kids can go to school?"
"because as soon as they can, I'd make my wife go get a job!"
I was kinda ticked but just said "Well I'm actually homeschooling"
He looked shocked and started saying how crazy that is, that its not healthy to stay home like that all the time and that he would go crazy...I didn't say anything but it really kinda hurt that people take something I'm so proud of and something I'm making a sacrifice for and instead act like the job is the most important thing and the kids should be put last.

But then I was thinking..there's going to be things like this no matter where we go in  life. The enemy tries to put obstacles in front of us to try and get us off our path to try and distract us..to cause problems.. But  You, dear children, are from God and have OVERCOME them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.


3 comments:

  1. I always say you are most likely doing the right thing when people question you. Otherwise you would just be doing what the world tells you is cool- and God tells you is not. :) Your family is beautiful and precious and I am so thankful there are mom's out there who are living for a purpose far greater than fitting in. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so right. If the world thinks were crazy we must be doing something right! Thank you so much for the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wisdom of God is foolish to the world. It is still hard when your choices, especially the challenging one's, are belittled. As we remain faithful to do what God has called us to do, He will do the miraculous work of openening eyes and hearts!

    I pray that God continues to use you as you remain lovingly steadfast in His calling on your life to reach out to those who are lost!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...