"Simply giving this person money is treating the symptoms rather than the underlying disease and will enable him to continue with his lack of self-discipline... a better solution would be to develop a relationship that says, we are here to walk with you and to help you use your gifts and abilities to avoid being in this situation in the future'" (An excerpt from the book, When Helping Hurts)
By harvesting fruit, we are able to serve more orphans by providing the gift of a job at Lifesong's gardens and self worth to an orphan's caregiver. We are also able to provide future employment for our kids as they transition into adult living, develop a system to raise funds to help cover operational costs, and develop expertise that can be replicated in multiple countries where Lifesong serves. Most of all, we are seeking to glorify Jesus as we teach others how He walked.
1st PRIZE: Lifesong is giving away a 1-night hotel stay for the LIVE ORPHAN SUNDAY event in Kansas City!!! Let me just tell you, this event will be FABULOUS!!!
1. Share how the Lord is working in and through your adoption/orphan care ministry (1 entry)
2. Re-post this Zambia blog posting on YOUR blog to share what the Lord has been doing at Lifesong Zambia (1 entry)
3. Tell about an Orphan Sunday event you had or attended in the past (1 entry)
4. Tell your plans for THIS YEAR's Orphan Sunday on Nov. 6th (1 entry)
5. Re-post this on your facebook wall (1 entry)
6. Re-post this on your twitter page (1 entry)
7. Post on YOUR blogs, facebook, or twitter and tell Lifesong that I sent you (1 entry)
8. Tell what you think about the 'Brush to Berries' video - what moved you, what stood out to you, what are you excited about? (1 entry)
9. Become a fan of Lifesong on facebook here (1 entry)
10. Send an email to info AT lifesongfororphans DOT org asking to receive our monthly updates (1 entry)
PLEASE leave a separate comment on Lifesong's post for EACH entry, including your email address so they are able to contact you!
***Giveaway starts immediately and ends at midnight on Monday, October 3rd.