Translate

Friday, August 19, 2011

Why we homeschool

   I strongly believe that what we put into our kids minds now, will greatly affect what they do and say later. And honestly there is not much in the public school system that I want put into my kids. If the God they serve is not allowed to be prayed to, worshiped, talked about and read about there, then I don't want my kids there. It's as simple as that, The bible says that we as parents are to train up our children in the way they should go. I want them to go in HIS way. So I am staying home and making sure that everything they learn has the truth of God behind it. They could go to school and learn science and be lied to during their whole education, told that it was a big bang that formed the universe, or I can teach them the truth. They could go to school and learn the language and attitude of those around them. Or I can be their example. Some say that this isn't good for the children, that thy are being sheltered. That they can't be a witness.  Yes I am sheltering them, but it's good for them. You wouldn't send your six year old into the army would you? You wouldn't send your twenty year old strait out to the battlefield unless he has had some form of training first. So why do you expect me to send my children out into this spiritual battlefield??  Shouldn't I train them for battle first?

BUT if I do train them up, if they do prepare for battle. One day they will be equipped to go out and really make a difference in this world.

Psalm 127 

3 Lo, children are a heritage of the LORD:
        
and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man;
        
so are children of the youth.
5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them:
        
they shall not be ashamed,
but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...