Translate

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Open Adoption Blog Hop #1

Open adoption bloggers is having a blog hop! I am a little late. But looked fun, so I couldn't pass it up!  The question is......

What is your favorite room/spot/piece of art in your home and why?

My favorite was hard to pick. I have so may. And have done a lot of new decorating lately.
But I had to choose the Mort Kunstler hanging in my living room. The art itself, I actually don't really like. I would have never chosen a civil war painting for my living room on my own accord. I would have probably went with something more modern. But the story behind it is why it's my treasure. This painting actually was given to my brother as a Christmas gift from my parents. He had moved into his own place, and really wanted this painting. When he heard that artist was coming to town to sign the prints he wanted it even more. And convinced my parents that if they would buy the print he would pay the price for the framing. They agreed and my mom took him to the signing and now it's a memory she loves to talk about. When my brother was killed in a motorcycle accident, this was one of the things my parents gave to me to remember him by. So even though it's not my style, and doesn't really match my living room. It's the centerpiece. 





join the blog hop here 

1 comment:

  1. What a meaningful thing to have in your home. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...