Translate

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

We are adopting

Adopting, it's hard! It feels like ever since we started it's been one thing after another. The enemy doesn't want us to adopt. But God does! And HE will make a way!

 Can you Pray with us about it? Seems we are facing another road block. But my God is going to work this one out too. 

Our agency called and told us that financially we are right at the spot where they can either approve or deny us. We have to turn in a few more things and then they decide. I know that God is the one in control. But when they said that, it felt like these people were. That they could either approve us or make our hopes come crashing down.



 I know though, that's not true. 

Our hope is in Him alone.

 
God is in control and He is the one who has opened doors all along the way. He is the one who lead us to adopting from the state. He is the one who provided the van we were praying for and believing that we would need for our one day large family. He is the one that turned hubby's heart to adopting too. Now we both feel with all our hearts that God has called us for this.

The week they told me this I was sooo excited about what was going on in the adoption front. I was bubbling inside thinking about it all day long. Our homestudy was in the process of being approved!! They were actually looking at it!! Any day they could call and say it was approved!! But instead they said they may not approve it and wanted to see more financial stuff. Right then it was just like all that excitement died. I didn't want to get my hopes up.

But here's the thing.

My hope isn't in the agencies, the social workers, the adoption process itself. My hope is in GOD!! And it's Him that called us to this. He will make a way!!

Hubby told me the day we heard. That it's okay. If this one doesn't go through we will just try somewhere else. And it's true! We are not giving up. God didn't bring us this far for nothing. I haven't talked about adopting much this week. I figured if I kept talking about it with friends and blog's and facebook, then it didn't work out I would be devastated. But I have decided I'm going to keep talking about it, keep preparing and believe. One day soon, God is bringing us a child.  We are going to give them the paperwork, and PRAY. 


Isaiah 49:25 says...."For I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children."

And Psalm 68:5-6 " A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, IS GOD in his holy dwelling. GOD sets the lonely in families." 

God, not social workers and adoption agencies.
So let me introduce you to our family.  

We are the Hiatt Family. And we are adopting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...