Translate

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

What a day



Yesterday we had to hand our babies to a stranger. It was not easy! Baby A had this worried look on her face the whole time. We pulled up bedside their truck in a local parking lot to make the transfer and even though I had tried to explain to little A what was going to happen I know her two year old mind simply didn't understand. I asked her if she would like to ride with them in their truck with baby J and she whispered yes but her brow was scrunched up and I could tell she was trying to figure out what was going on. We moved all the babies things out of my car and  into their truck then strapped her car seat in first and put her inside.. She just sat there clutching both her and her brothers teddy bears and watching my every move out of the truck window. Baby J was sleeping so I woke him up out of his sleep and gave him a great big snuggle. I'm going to miss him so much. Then I handed him to his new mom and got his car seat out as well. They strapped him in and stood and talked for a few minutes then we went our separate ways. I saw her still watching me from the back seat still hanging on to that teddy bear. All I can do is pray that God goes with them.

The sorrow of giving them back wasn't the only emotion we were feeling that day. We also had gotten a call from our agency about an hour before they left asking if we would be willing to take a placement for a newborn baby girl still in the hospital. Of course we said yes! We were excited and sad all in the same day. This is fostercare. As quickly as one child leaves the bed is needed for another. So many broken lives need touched.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...