Translate

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Room for Sophie!

Well it's official, we now have a car with an extra seat in the middle. Another thing we wanted to have before we started adopting, we thought it would be hard to try and raise money for the adoption and at the same time be trying to save up a down payment for a car. We had this adorable little four seat red convertable..(no room for another baby) now we have a silver four door car.lol. But I don't care at all. And it will be paid off in a year! I can't believe that I was more excited about getting this little car then I was about getting my shiny red convertable...now I'm sure I will miss riding around with the top down on beautiful evenings, but I'm sure the joy I will feel with my adopted daughter in the back of this car is going to be so much more amazing I couldn't even begin to understand it now. Oh and its going to save us almost two hundred dollars a month! I can't see how everything is going to work out, exactly when we will be officially paper pregnant, I can't see how we are going to have the money to do this...but I do understand the desire I feel to adopt, God's tugging on my heart to just stand back and watch him continue to open every door along the way, I understand that my God owns the cattle on a thousand hills, and that if he is truely calling us for this, then it will be done. Not in my timing  but His. So we are waiting and praying, and watching as God provides. It is precious to see our kids every time they find some change, scream and run for the "baby jar" :) Actually it's not just the kids its us too:) One other thing we are still praying about is finding the right country for us.We are to young for most of them. But   we may be able to adopt from Taiwan. We can also adopt from ethiopia but are not certain since the price has gone up since we originally looked, and we would have to leave two kids ,who are scared to stay the night away from us, for two trips. Anyway I'm rambling now :) I know God will lead us in the right direction. Gotta go tend to these kids....

3 comments:

  1. You're right! It will so be worth it!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story seems similar to ours:) We just brought home our third, Micah, from Taiwan. Taiwan in awesome. God is FAITHFUL through the entire journey, He is the one that placed the longing in your heart! It is such great joy that you see your little one for the first time. Hope the wait goes quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From someone who is paying for an adoption while paying off debt at the same time...I can tell you it IS hard. So every little bit you do now will definately help, and yes...it will be worth it! =) Cheers to you for getting your finances in order!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...