Translate

Saturday, July 10, 2010

God is Good

So heres the update..as you guys know we are wanting to adopt and praying a lot about it. But also there were some things that needed to be taken care of first. One of them was I have some issues with my heart that the doctors had not yet diagnosed...well yesterday, I had my cardiologist appt...AND.......they gave me a diagnosis. It's some long name but basicly it's something simple. I just take my med's and most of the time it goes away on it's own. It just beats faster then it's supposed to, and besides feeling bad when if I dont take the meds, I will be fine!!!:) I googled the name. And one of the things it said was "Does not cause death" lol. I was soooo relieved. I have been struggling with this for around 2 years. Knowing there was something going on with my heart, but not knowing for sure what it was, well was scary!!! This was the first time to this doctor and he knew right away after a ekg. My last doctor must have been a loon:)  And another cool thing I didn't know before the visit, was a lady from my church works there..and she was my nurse!!:)  Totally calmed my nerves:) 
And just one more thing that lets me know God is hearing our prayers about all this.. Me and my husband really feel like adopting is something God wants in our lives. We are seeing all these different things that are preventing it from happening, being taken care of.
But one thing is, I feel very alone in this, in my church and family. It seemed like no one I already knew really understood. Most people say "why don't you just have your own" BUT,
On the 4th of July we were at a church picnic, and I was talking to a girl my age who just had a baby, she asked if we were going to have any more and I told her about wanting to adopt..instead of the usual replies..she said... "Oh wow I'm so glad you told me that!! We want to adopt someday too"! Turns out this couple in our church, our age, understands. And that means the world to me:)

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful your heart condition is something simple that is helped with medication. What a relief! Excited as you move through the adoption process. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful that some simple medication is the answer. And so thankful you stopped by my blog so I could get to know you more! =) I am enjoying it thus far.

    I am now following your blog and I added yours to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...