Translate

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It makes me mad.

It makes me mad that our country is so caught up in what does not matter..More then that Christ's church here is caught up in it too.
We act like if our internet gets shut off. Or we can't afford to have cable TV, that we are so poor. That God has not blessed us. Yet we have a roof, we have food, we have running water!! We have clothes. That's something else that America has mixed up. Here our clothes have to be name brand. And be brand new each season. While other country's don't even care if they match as long as they have some. I don't want to get caught up in it. I want to desire the things of God. I want to use my money the way GOD wants me to. Not the way I see those around me doing it. We see that everyone wants a nice car, nice house, nice computer, big screen tv. cable, internet packages on the phone, (because Lord forbid I have to wait to get home to use it) fancy clothes..perfectly decorated house. But if these are the goals I strive for with my money is that pleasing to God? I know it's not for me. I know that if I HAVE to have all these things I won't have money to reach out to those in need..Instead I will be in debt living day to day just to pay for things that really have no meaning at all. I want to share a link I read today. We are truly blessed. How was your tuesday?

1 comment:

  1. thanks for this! love it! great truths and reminders! I agree, I dont want to live like that either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...