Translate

Friday, January 21, 2011

School Update






Linking up with Homeschool Creations check them out!

Since this is my first year of homeschooling I am having to find a routine that works well for me. I have found that trying to sit down and teach my kindergarten student, while a busy 3 year old is running around, can be a lot of work! I'm trying to get her to sit down and do little workbooks. Or practice writing her ABC's. I have also found that this website Christian Pre-school Printables has lots of great christian themed activities. I love them!! Other things that can keep a little one busy are blocks, playdough, coloring books....And when I'm teaching Alex on the white board she loves to be included in coming up and getting a turn at answering a question. This is one thing I have found that is great to have with two little learners is a white board. They LOVE doing their work on it.

As for my little four year old (five on valentines day ). He is doing great with the Alpha Omega kindergarten. His favorite subject is math. And he does a great job at it. He is also enjoying learning about nouns and pronouns in phonics. Every now and then we will start something new that you can tell just clicks with him. Nouns and pronouns is the new one that "clicked". He loved it.

Well I have to run. But hope you enjoy checking out my blog!

3 comments:

  1. love the pic and im so happy to find another blog who is homeschooling, isaac is only 7 months but my heart is to try homeschooling, to be honest it scares me LOTS but I really want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I knew that I wanted to homeschool when mine were young too. It went by very fast by the way! I was nervous too. But it's working out great. He loves it. And I have peace knowing it's what God has chosen for my family. Love your blog to! I follow :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...