Translate

Friday, August 16, 2013

First Grade




I cannot believe that my little girl is going to first grade, but she is!!!!


Before I show you the books we are using this year I wanted to tell you a little about this website I have been using. It's called Easy-Peasy All in one homeschool. And it's a great resource for homeschoolers. I have been using it for both of my kids off and on this summer. We use it as practice for the upcoming school year. But it could totally be used as an add on for your every day homeschooling as well.  It has a daily lesson that you go through. It also has all age groups and even a few electives. Feel free to check it out here


Now for Little Miss's curriculum. This year we are once again using Alpha Omega's Horizons. I used this for my sons first grade and it went well. This is also the curriculum she used this past year for Kindergarten. I don't think it's a good idea to switch phonics/reading curriculum's during the first few years unless the one you are using is not working for your child.  She seemed to enjoy it last year so we are sticking with it!

This year Horizons will include...

  • Phonics and Reading
  • Penmanship
  • Math
  • Spelling and Vocabulary


For science we will be using Abeka 1st grade science called Discovering God's World

As for History and Geography we will be using Abeka My America and My World

If you have any questions about homeschooling feel free to comment below or message me! I will be glad to help!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...