Translate

Thursday, August 15, 2013

We have a plan







We official have our homeschool plan for this coming year. We usually start after labor day here. This is one of the benefits of homeschooling, being able to pick when you start. Because of this I am usually really bad about procrastinating on getting the curriculum together.

This year we have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader!! I cannot believe it. It seems like just yesterday we had two toddlers. They are growing up fast! Another reason why I am thankful that we homeschool. My time with them is going by so fast and I don't want to miss any of it.

So here is what I have planned.

3RD GRADE
 
This year we are trying something new for our son. We used Alpha Omega Lifepacs last year and did not like it at all. It  was just not right for him. Alex is not a big fan of reading at all. And Lifepacs are mostly reading. I was sooo glad for the school year to come to an end. After some research on different curriculum's we decided to go with something new. We are doing Alpha Omega's Switched on Schoolhouse.






I have some family members that use this, and have just heard so much good about it. It's even the curriculum used by the reality tv starts The Duggars! It just looks so much more fun and inviting for a boy then those books we were previously using. You can check out it's awesomeness here. This curriculum has Bible, Math, Science, History and Geography, Language Arts, and you can choose between Spanish or French electives.

Alex wants to go with Spanish.




He will also be doing Art for which we have no curriculum, we just have fun!



I also plan on getting him started in cursive writing. Love this book I found on ebay!




So with all of this, trips to the library, and using the internet it looks like we will have a good school year! Getting excited to start again. At the same time I'm not ready to give up my summer days. Tomorrow I will show you our 1st graders curriculum. Come back and check it out!!


You can also follow us on Facebook at Just Simply Live!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...