Translate

Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Roller Coster

This past weekend our adoption agency had a Christmas breakfast. We decided it would be fun to go and let the kids see Santa and just enjoy some time with other adoptive/foster care families. It turned out really nice but at the same time it kind of made me a little sad. It seemed like we were the only family without any placements. Ones that were waiting before, now had gotten placements and honestly it just made me feel a little down.

With all the Christmas activities this past weekend through yesterday I haven't really had time to dwell on it. But this morning I had the time to think on it and pray about it. Then I got up and started cleaning house thinking maybe this could be the day.

A little thing you should know is I have this thing for ladybugs ever since I have heard about how they are kind of a good luck sign in the adoption world. I don't believe in luck but whenever I see one I pray about it and thank God that he cares about what we are going through in this time of waiting.


Well this morning as I was cleaning I saw a lady bug on my hairspray. After this mornings prayer it really made me smile. Then it happened! I was making my bed and I heard my phone playing "One Less" my ringer for the agency. It was indeed a call about a placement. Two children who needed a home. Hubby and I were thrilled to say that we would do it. Long story short, it didn't work out again. I believe they were placed with relatives or another family that could take the whole sibling group of four. It was a little heartbreaking. Yet at the same time I'm just thankful to know they are considering us.

Adoption/ foster care is most definitly quite an adventure. It's like a roller coaster.....

And I'm so glad I got on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...