Translate

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Philipians 4 6:7

Philippians 4:6-7 (New International Version)

6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
This is what my pastor taught on today...right after a dedication where he talked about how children are mighty arrows for God.:) I got a lot out of this today..He was saying that we need to live in a way where we view each day like a box of it's own..don't look forward or backwards. Live one day at a time. If you see yourself thinking about something that is past or future that you don't have the control over..pray. It's God's perfect method for peace. He said that if you look up websters meaning of worry..it means to choke...and that's exactly what it does..we spend so much of our time worring about this and that and we find ourselves tired, frustrated, acomplishing what? NOTHING! So today I'm going to try and catch myself..if it's something I'm thinking about that I have no control over I'm going to STOP, PRAY, and focus on the here and now! So I'm off to make dinner and hang out with my wonderful family:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...