Translate

Friday, February 22, 2013

My Week in Review



MercyFound


Welcome back to my blog! Today I am doing a fun little weekend link up with  mercy found ministries .Sharing this week's  High, Low, and Lesson learned. We would love for you to join!

                                                                 My Week In Review

                                                                        HIGH

This week there are two high's that I can think of right away. Both of them from Wednesday. Number one was getting what should be our last homestudy visit done! It seems like we have been waiting forever and it just feels good to know another step is done.

The second one was my hubby getting a much needed new car. His broke down probably about a month ago now, and it's no fun having one family vehicle. We got a 96 Ford Taurus wagon. And the funny thing is, even though it's probably considered an old person car, we love it. Lots of room for the kids....

                                                                         LOW

My low for the week actually happens later today. I have to take me son to the doctors. Turns out he isn't growing very well. He isn't even on the chart for his height! Neither one of us is looking forward to going, but it will be nice to get started on finding out what's going on. If you could keep in your prayers that would be great! Another low part, is that right around the time of his appointment we are supposed to be getting some snow and ice. Fun, fun.

                                                              Lesson Learned

Ecclesiastes 2:10-11

And all that my eyes desired I did not refuse them. I did not withhold my heart from any pleasure, for my heart was pleased because of all my labor and this was my reward for all my labor. Thus I considered all my activities which my hands had done and the labor which I had exerted, and behold all was vanity and striving after wind and there was no profit under the sun.

This week I learned for the second time, that my hubby and I have changed in how we look at prospective cars. Before we would look for a pretty color, cool car, leather seats....Now we look for how much room it has for the kids stuff, if it get good gas mileage, and is it a good price?  I think we may be growing up!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SO much for linking up with us this week! HUGE congratulations on finishing your home study, and on the new to you car! I love when I realize how much my perspective has changed and have a flash where I feel grown up, because that doesn't happen too often. :) I will be praying for your son! -Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...